New York Fugshion Week: Jennifer Jason Leigh

I have some issues with Jennifer Jason Leigh. Sometimes, I think she's an extremely good actress, but most of the time, especially now, she seems too busy "Acting" to actually act. Kind of like Sean Penn. Call it the Curse of Ridgemont High.

I also have some issues with the outfit she wore to the Imitation of Christ show this fugshion week. On one hand: Imitation of Christ? The official provider of uniforms for the Fug Army. Any line primarily represented by the Queen of All Fug, Chloe Sevigny, can't help but be, well, kinda hideous. So, with that in mind, I guess it makes sense that one would chose to wear something unfortunate to celebrate a line that embraces the Fugly like an alcoholic clutching a Stoli bottle at happy hour.

On the other hand:

Jennifer? [May I call you Jennifer?] Annie Hall was like fifty years ago. And the only person who can get away with dressing like Annie Hall is Annie Hall. At least Diane Keaton knows how to properly wear a tie. You, on the other hand, look like a homeless Charlie Chaplin. Are you going to use that copy of Fashion Week Daily as a blanket later? Are you going to start yelling at people in the street? Do you plan on beating someone with your hat? Is Crazy Homeless Lady Chic the new black? Because I think I missed that memo.

Still, your skin looks great.

0 comments: